Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Morning Cottage Nags Head-6x6-SOLD

SOLD
From my recent Nags Head jaunt teaching and painting. Did this on the beach just down from my painter friend Sue Morris' house. she was so gracious to let me stay with her there while we painted together for a few days. love the way these old cottages nestle into the dunes as if to hide from the ravages of the atlantic ocean when she's kicking up.
I'll be teaching private lessons in the Keys while i'm down there so if you're in south florida and want a lesson or two, email me from now until the end of march, and we'll set something up.

Subtle Marsh-8x10
SOLD

Did this one early in the morning on a diffused light day. high thin clouds cause a "milky" effect which tones down color and puts a gauzey veil between the viewer and objects in the distance.

No comments: