Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Life's Good in the Sun-18x24


available at Gallery on Greene Key West

another painting from the show. the van and shadow on the building and roof are my fave parts of the painting. the subtle temperature shifts in all the paintings shapes were a blast to play with. this picture does the painting no justice
 
Workshop News
 
Want to go to Maine the first week of September and paint? I'm holding a plein air workshop on Mt. Desert Island at Acadia Workshop Center from September 1 thru September 5. I was there year before last and it was a blast. i'll teach you how to simplify the outdoor landscape and paint with color that shimmers. contact me if youre interested.
 

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

what a jewel this is, Mike.
I'd hoped to get down to Key West this winter but time did not allow :-/

mike rooney studios said...

thanks mary!