Friday, January 16, 2015

the sun is out today- emotionally and literally


this is a painting from last year in key west. it made really happy to look at today, as I went thru some of my images from there, so I'm posting it.
 
the light on the bushes and the distinctive keys architecture is what I loved in this scene. time to start painting some key west themes. soon but not quite yet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
an update on my wife, annie. We brought her home a few days ago and she was very weak. and rightfully so. first, a hospital stay and pacemaker put in, and then another visit for about four days in ICU. then three more days in a bed being stuck here and there with needles and probes, taking blood sometimes three times a day, and no good rest. I will say tho' that Rex hospital has really good food, especially for a hospital!
 
right now, annies getting stronger physically everyday. yesterday she sat up most of the day and today i'll get her up and out of the house for a short trip in the car, in hopes that that will build up her strength a little more.
 
I cant thank enough, my friends and followers on this blog. the many emails I got showing support and prayers were such an encouragement. thank you, thank you.
 
the good news is she's getting stronger and for the first time in about 9 days I thought of painting when I went to get us something to eat. the sun was out and lighting up the winter landscape. 9 days- that's probably one of the longest periods of time ive ever gone without thinking of the process of painting. plenty of time for that in the near future!

8 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

wow Mike, I just checked in after seeing your beautiful painting on my sidebar and read your posts about Annie.
How fortunate that you were THERE with her when she collapsed the second time.
I wish her a speedy and complete recovery.
Do take care of yourself as well, Mike and I will send up a prayer for you both.

mike rooney studios said...

thanks mary!

Dottie Best said...

Keeping your wife and you in my thoughts today and beyond. What a beautiful painting to lift your spirits.

Roxanne Steed said...

Keeping you both in prayer during this incredibly difficult time! Your paintings are beautiful and uplifting...and it's always good to see them! Looking forward to more when you are able to get back at it! So glad you were there for Annie, our families & loved ones are our best health care advocates when we're not able to be that for ourselves!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent news your wife is home and getting better! Lots more healing sending your way!!

Linda Nickles said...

Mike, so glad to hear Annie is getting better. I had goosebumps as I read your post. Take care!

Unknown said...

Mike, I found you on-line about six months ago. Love your art work and videos. So sorry to read about your wife. Will be keeping both of you in my thoughts as she recovers.

Jack Supple said...

Glad to hear Annie is recuperating. Sending good thoughts your way for a rapid recovery!