Monday, November 8, 2010

Back to Normal

Idle at the Dock- 8x10
email me if you'd like to purchase this one
This one is from the docks on the New River near my house. i like this one because i've always loved emile gruppe's work and this has a slight (very slight) gruppe feel to it. He kept things loose and treated his subjects broadly and chunky.
I heard a quote by Richard Schmid (another great painter) who said "paintings may look loose but theyre not painted that way"
what a great quote!
i'm back from my trip up north and it has taken me a couple of days to get back to the easel. travelling for weeks can kinda throw you off your schedule. good to be back at it.
NOTE: Art of the Carolina's starts this thursday. i'm teaching three classes. if youre interested in signing up drop me an email. one class will be the cape cod underpainting technique, one on editing and simplifying a scene, and one on values and its importance to a good painting.

No comments: