Tuesday, June 26, 2012

SOLD-Marsh Early Morning Fog-5x7

SOLD
one from the outer banks near manteo. the fog was just starting to lift giving the sky the sunny atmospheric glow and coolish hues. the reflection was phenomenal and made it clear to me that there's a Creator and He has the ultimate palette to paint sunrises with.

I'll be at the Coral Bay Beach Club in Atlantic Beach showing new work this coming sunday if youre around come see me.

New Workshops scheduled!
Loose and Colorful (3 day)-Georgetown SC-October
Loose and Colorful and Acrylic 101-Rehoboth Beach, Delaware- see sidebar (Upcoming Workshops) to right for dates
Cape Cod Underpainting-Binders in Atlanta-Oct 5 and 6

5 comments:

Karsten's Fine Art said...

Awesome! I love the subtle colors and the subdued/intense light!

mike rooney studios said...

thanks karsten
coming to maine in early sept. hope to see you when i'm up at acadia workshop center.

Klinger Studios said...

I love the looseness and the feel of this piece. Yes, I agree, She has the ultimate palette!

Klinger Studios said...

...And congrats for getting into Charleston!

Marla said...

Mike, I think this is one of your best paintings ever. You know I always enjoy your work, but I think you've reached the next level here. Nice!