Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dusk Highway-Sugar Loaf-SOLD



6x8


#17 in the series



This was done right at the edge of dark and had to be finished with one of those miners flashlights on my head, it was so dark.


I bet the pattern in the sky and in the water changes every 5-10 minutes when the suns about to set. i stuck with one of the patterns and color harmonies instead of "chasing" the five or ten that i saw before it was too dark to see my hand in front of my face.


was looking around town today for stuff to paint and was actually accosted verbally and accused of "casing the neighborhood" by a very upset older lady. she swore i was up to no good. i guess looking for a painting looks just like looking for a way to break in! LOL

3 comments:

Justin Holdren said...

LOL, that's funny Mike. I pulled off the side of the road one day to paint a farm near my house and people slowed down and just stared at me like I was nuts. Guess I did look nuts because I forgot my matboard window and was "framing" the scene with my hands. I guess painters are a mystery to some people! Have fun - All your Key West work is awesome.

Linda said...

The colors in this painting - absolutely beautiful! And the story of the old lady is sooooo funny! Nice way to begin my day!

mike rooney studios said...

justin- we are indeed a mystery! before i started painting plein air i dont think i ever saw anybody outside painting so it is an odd thing to see i guess!
thanks for the nice words about the work!

linda- that lady was soooo rude! i guess when you get her age you can say whatever you want regardless. cant wait till i'm old as her LOL