I wont be posting on the blog for the next several days. My stepson Jamie spilled a panful of burning grease on his chest, arms and hand during a grease fire at our house. He's been seriously burned and we had him transported to the UNC Hospital Burn Center in Chapel Hill. so my wife and i are sitting with him off and on, for at least two weeks, while he's up here. He'll have surgery tomorrow to graft skin from his thighs to the third degree burn on his chest and possibly to his hands. we're greatful to God that Jamie didnt burn up in the house, where he fell asleep cooking fries and the grease caught on fire. he woke up and tried to grab the pan and get it outside. he tripped and fell and the hot grease spilled all over his chest, arms and hands. some people put the fire out before it got past the kitchen. We have to live in a motel for at least a week the insurance adjuster said.
we're also greatful to only be hours from this regional burn center. the guy that was involved in the Ocracoke fireworks explosion on the 4th of July is here for his severe burns. three other workers for the firework company died. this is a top notch burn center and people come from all over the mid-atlantic for severe burns.
If youre a prayer, we could use 'em. He's in so much pain and is in for long road of recovery.
so as you can see i'll be taking care of other things, but i'll get back to posting as soon as we get past this.