Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summer Cottage- Commission-SOLD


this was a commissioned piece for my very patient friend in austin tx. john. he likes my beach cottages. i made it lean just a tad and the floors arent quite straight. like lines on a persons face, these things tell the cottages story, give them their character and charm. i love painting them. old 2x4's for railings, anything that'll work for a shingle material on the roof, sagging rooflines from the weight after 40 years. i'm trying to describe a buildings vibe in paint. and no i'm not huffing the paint thinner LOL

5 comments:

Judith said...

I love the sunshine on the cottage and railings. It makes it look like a hot summer day!

Judith said...

The bush on the left needs to cast a shadow like the tree on the right.

mike rooney studios said...

judith- good catch. its top left and front lit so i put in matching shadows on the left and right trees, and reposted. thanks! maybe that thinner is making me dizzy!

Judith said...

Good deal! Looks great. We need an extra pair of eyes to catch the things we miss. I have to study mine for days before I feel I got everything. Love your work. Can't wait to take one of your workshops.

mike rooney studios said...

judith- appreciate you catching that before my guy sees it. look forward to seeing you in a workshop. and who knows, one day i might make it over to the left coast to teach some.