Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dead End Road-12x16

Contact me for price and availability

Did this one today. its weird staying in the studio painting an NC scene here in florida. next show i'm getting ready for is City Art Gallery in Greenville in May. its a two man show with my good friend Jacqueline Perry.

this is the year i start painting bigger. i'll work on 12x16's and then 16x20's till i'm comfortable and then bust out the occassional 18x24 and 24x30. since i started i wanted to paint for 5 or 6 years and hone my skills on smaller ones, and then go large. on big ones you can get more subtle color changes and complexity so i'm looking forward to using 6x8 thru 8x10's as studies for the larger ones. i've been doing lots of 12x16's that have the same loose look my smaller ones have so finally its time to go bigger. for years people have asked my galleries if i ever do larger paintings. well OK, here they come!

4 comments:

Robert Sutton said...

I think I'm the antimike. I went from doing 32x48 to 21x16 to 8x10. Sorry I didn't get to have that Cuban lunch with you, but I just had the itch to leave KW and don't flinch to scratch. I would have loved to do Miami Beach but my timing was off by 2 weeks to buy the metrotrain pass. I just stumbled into Winter Park, FL. and absolutely love it here. Got great vibes.

Good luck with the show. Tell Nancy I said hello.

Douglas Hoover said...

Well, you know Dead End Road struck a chord with me, Mike!! You're making me miss the island, brother :)

Excellent work as always!!

D.

mike rooney studios said...

robert- wondered where you got off to. good luck in winter park.

yashila- thanks

doug- new you'd like that one. i was painting the study for this one when i first met you right around the corner. you going again for part of the spring/summer like always?

mike rooney studios said...

robert- wondered where you got off to. good luck in winter park.

yashila- thanks

doug- new you'd like that one. i was painting the study for this one when i first met you right around the corner. you going again for part of the spring/summer like always?