Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Silvery Shoreline-12x16

to purchase contact me for price and availability

a larger one for a possible appearance at my upcoming show at City Art Gallery in Greenville in a few months. the month of april is filled with workshops so ive gotta get on some painting for that show now. weird working on n.c. scenes in the studio, here in florida, when its gorgeous outside.


ive always wanted to do a larger one of this one from the 6x8 study done last summer during a few days of a full moon near my place in sneads ferry. the calm, the reflections and the way the sky lights up around the moon all made this one a fave for me.

3 comments:

Douglas Clark said...

I love your nocturnal paintings. This is just beautiful.

mike rooney studios said...

thanks doug! painting at night is a real challenge but sometimes you get some good stuff

Klinger Studios said...

Very nice, Mike.