Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mr. Lyles Oyster Beds- 8x10

If you like this one email me
Will soon be at my new gallery on bald head island
Very hot and windy today and the humidity! on this one i was working on expressive brushwork, walking the tightrope between simple shapes but still having lots of interest. this is some of my favorite marsh grass i've ever painted. lots of variation up close and getting simpler and more horizontal as it goes back towards the horizon. used five or six greens up close. the values are pretty much the same but some greens have orange, magenta, yellow biases. i learn something every painting i do.

the reception at the opening of my two person show (with durham artist lisa creed) at new elements gallery in wilmington was packed, the 34 pcs i had hanging were well recieved and we all had a great time. thanks to everybody who showed up for moral support!

Just booked a workshop to teach in the shenandoah mountains august 25-27th.

i cant wait to get out of hot and steamy carolina to paint some mountain stuff. if you want to join me, email me and i'll give you the details. cost is $300 for the three days.

No comments: