Thursday, December 10, 2009

River Reflection-4.25x7


Turned the cab of my truck into my mobile studio yesterday doing this one. i was on the Wilmington waterfront and liked the sky and the way the reflection was on the water. there were wind gusts up to 45 m.p.h. and just didnt feel like fighting it. made a neat little steering wheel easel out of some wood. maybe tomorrow i'll show that cool little invention. no more holding the paint box in my lap. its nice and secure in just the right angle on the steering wheel. i can paint in rainy, cold or windy weather in complete comfort, radio jammin' some bob marley and the heater running full blast on my feet. ever notice the older you get the colder your feet get? why is that?

2 comments:

Justin Holdren said...

Good idea on the mobile studio thing. I do that a lot since I still work full time. I keep a small bag in the car wtih my small cigar pochade box and also a pocket watercolor kit. I often paint the view from my car on my lunch break and use those studies for larger studio work. Can't wait to see your "Steering Wheel" easel!

mike rooney studios said...

justin- i'll probably post some photos after i do the step by step demo 30x40 i'm working on. stay tuned